By Jennifer Essary
Birthdays: Dena Davis; Dave Nash.
• Lions Club will meet tonight at 7.
• There will be a fire meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday.
• Seniors meet Thursday night for games and friendship.
• Booster Club will meet Monday at 6 p.m.
• City Council will meet Tuesday at 7 p.m.
The 55th Annual Floyd Lion’s Club Jamboree is approaching fast! This year it will be March 24-27. Thursday evening will be classic country music, Friday and Saturday will be contemporary country, and Sunday will be gospel music. The Floyd Booster Club will be running the concession stand and selling raffle tickets for a quilt, and the Lions will be giving away a musical instrument on each of the three nights to three selected students that entered an essay contest. The Lions Club would also like the community’s help in choosing the Citizen of the Year. Please send any suggestions to the Lions Club at P.O. Box 51, Floyd, NM 88118.
• Willis Blair will be delivering the sermon this Sunday at the Floyd Baptist Church. Sunday School begins at 9:45 a.m. and Worship Service at 10:45 a.m. every Sunday.
Jennifer Essary can be reached at 478-2846 or by e-mail: