• To donate items for the hurricane-displaced families now in Baker, La., children’s clothes and diapers, toys, books, crayons and coloring books, teddy bears and dolls, towels, washcloths, soap and items for personal hygiene, T-shirts for all sizes and ages are received at the North Plains Mall in Clovis, the Roosevelt General Hospital in Portales, and at the Friona hospital.
• To donate money to the Red Cross, go to the Zia Service Center on 108 W. Second St., the Salvation Army Thrift Store on 301 E. Second St., or to the Salvation Army Family Service Store on 301 E. Second St., next to the thrift store, all in Clovis.
• To donate cash to the Red Cross via the New Mexico State Parks, call (888) NMPARKS or log onto www.nmparks.com
• To donate food and money to the Eastern New Mexico Food Bank, go to 108 W. Second Street in Clovis or call 763-6130.
• To enroll hurricane-affected students at Eastern New Mexico University, call 1-800-FOR-ENMU or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Wendel Sloan at 562-2253 or e-mail at Wendel.Sloan@enmu.edu
• For information or to offer your assistance to displaced families heading for Baker, La., call Sheriff Roger Hatcher at 760-5007 or e-mail Pam@PamAtherton.com
• To reserve seats at a Monday benefit dinner at Cripple Creek Restaurant, call Larry Montoya or Keith Worm at 762-7399.
• Judy Matthews of the Patchwork House in Clovis is looking for volunteers to make quilts to be shipped to victims of Hurricane Katrina.
Volunteers can show up at 5 p.m. Friday and/or 8 p.m. Saturday at the Clovis-Carver Public Library.
Donations can be dropped off at the library during the volunteer times or at The Patchwork House.