The following is a sampling of calls taken by the Portales Police Department in the last week. According to the reports:
• At 7:18 a.m. a caller reported someone broke into his vehicle on North Avenue I. Police investigated as a burglary. No details of what was taken.
• At 2:18 p.m. a caller reported a CD player stolen out of his vehicle on North Abilene.
• At 3:21 p.m. a caller reported a two-vehicle accident in front of the school on Globe.
• At 2:07 p.m. a caller reported a non-injury accident with vehicles moved at Abilene and First.
• At 3:48 p.m. a caller reported that a vehicle had hit a pedestrian and left the area of Second and Avenue C. The pedestrian refused ambulance transport but a police officer later took him to the hospital to be checked out.
• At 7:41 p.m. a caller reported someone stole his yard decorations on West 16th Street
• At 12:44 a.m. a caller reported she had seen a male on a bicycle throw bottles at a window of a church on West University.
• At 2:35 a.m. a caller reported a one vehicle rollover at the intersection of NM 114 and South Roosevelt Road K. Subject stated his pickup and trailer had rolled with pickup ending upright and the trailer still over.
• At 2:47 a.m. a caller reported catching someone breaking into her car on New Mexico Drive
• At 12:21 p.m. a caller advised that her vehicle was broken into on New Mexico Drive
• At 3:51 p.m. a caller reported a two-car accident at Avenue F and Second Street
• At 11:17 p.m. a caller reported that her front door window was broken and suspects someone is inside on East First street. Police investigated and filed a criminal damage report.
• At 12:05 p.m. Portales police along with Roosevelt County sheriffs deputies served bench warrants on an individual wanted out of Texas at a resident on East 12th. The individual will be extradited to Parmer County, Texas on outstanding warrants of forgery and tampering with government records, according to a Roosevelt County Sheriffs office report. According to the report another individual was arrested at the home for possession of a controlled substance (marijuana).
• At 12:24 p.m. a caller reported a two-vehicle accident with injuries on U.S. 70 and Spruce
• At 6:12 p.m. a caller reports a man down due to unknown reasons on West Fir Street
• At 8:35 p.m. a caller reported that a cat is foaming at the mouth and won’t leave her residence on East 18th Street
• At 7:37 p.m. a caller reports a bunch of horses loose on North Globe
• At 8:30 a.m. a caller reported criminal damage to a building at Seventh and Abilene
• At 11:31 a.m. a caller reported semi-truck and vehicle accident on North Chicago
• At 5:52 p.m. a caller reported that his vehicle had been damaged last night on South Avenue I
• At 8:25 p.m. a caller reported graffiti on a house on West 17th Street
• At 9:44 p.m. a caller reported auto burglary on North Avenue I
At 7:58 a.m. a caller reported a traffic accident at Third and Kilgore
• At 1:30 p.m. a caller reported catching a shoplifter at a West First street store. The shoplifter was issued a no trespass warning and released.
• At 4:56 p.m. a caller reported two shoplifters at North Main store. The two apparently left a purse behind at the store. Officers arrested two juveniles at a North Avenue J address later on outstanding warrants.
• At 7:27 p.m. a caller reported his wife was assaulted in alley on South Avenue G. The attacker threatened to kill her if she reported the attack.
• At 11:23 a.m. a caller reported two males had run out of a store with a car stereo on East Spruce. They knocked a store manager down and fled south on Kilgore in a white Nissan.
• At 7:08 a.m. a caller reported his house broken into and things missing on East Second Street.