The following is a sampling of calls taken by Portales Police dispatchers over the last week. According to the reports:
• At 11:05 a.m. a large grass fire was reported at 41952 U.S. 70. Portales Fire Department was dispatched.
• At 12:16 p.m. a two vehicle auto accident was reported at the intersection of 18th Street and Avenue G.
• At 12:57 p.m. a caller reported a car burglary on South Globe.
• At 4:20 p.m. the Floyd Fire Department was dispatched to a loader on fire on Roosevelt Road A/E.
• At 6:37 p.m. Portales police arrested an adult male on charges of possession of marijuana on South Avenue D.
• At 10:32 a.m. Portales police were called to the Roosevelt General Hospital to take a delayed report of an assault and battery that had occurred two days earlier at Portales High School.
• At 9:38 p.m. a Portales police officer reported that two baby lambs and a baby Jesus were missing from a nativity scene at the courthouse lawn.
• At 6:56 a.m. a caller advised of a single car rollover accident on N.M. 88.
• At 9:16 a.m. a caller on West Second Street reported a business had been broken into. Police investigated as a possible embezzlement.
• At 3:47 p.m. officers were dispatched to the hospital where they took a report of an apparent accidental shooting which occurred somewhere north of Floyd.
• At 9:58 a.m. a caller reported that their auto had been burglarized and a CD player stolen on North Avenue A.
• At 3:08 p.m. a caller reported a person had fallen off a
• Ladder in front of a theater in Portales. An ambulance was dispatched.
• At 9:36 p.m. a structure fire in an abandoned house was reported on East First Street.
• At 12:12 p.m. a grass fire four miles north of Milnesand was reported.
• At 3:05 a.m. a structure fire was reported on South Ave A. Firefighters dispatched found a house full of smoke. No report of injuries.
• At 4:29 p.m. a structure fire was reported on Roosevelt Road 6-1/2. Witnesses reported seeing two individuals fleeing from the scene.
• At 4:32 p.m. a caller reported a farm tractor overturned on Avenue I. The report notes an accident with injuries.
The following disposition was recently filed in magistrate court:
Ejindu Ume, 25, pleaded no contest to criminal trespass and is ordered to serve a 364-day deferred sentence and 364 days of probation, enter the ASPEN program and pay $67 in fines.
The following dispositions were recently filed in district court:
Joel Dotson, 43, pleaded guilty to forgery and is ordered to serve a three-year suspended sentence and three years probation and pay $105 in fines.
Joel Dotson, 43, pleaded guilty to posession of a controlled substance and concealing identity and is ordered to serve a two-year suspended sentence and two years probation and pay $180 in fines.
Joel Dotson, 43, pleaded guilty to fraud and receiving stolen property and is ordered to serve a six-year suspended sentence and five years probation and pay $105 in fines.
Robert Zaleski, 21, pleaded guilty to possession of marijuana (one ounce or less) and use or possession of drug paraphernalia and is ordered to serve a 364-day suspended sentence and 364 days probation, perform 30 hours of community service and pay $80 in fines.
Joseph Gurule, 24, pleaded guilty to two counts of battery and is ordered to serve a 364-day suspended sentence and 364 days probation.
Brett Diaz, 32, pleaded guilty to abuse of a child and and is ordered to serve a three-year suspended sentence and three years probation, complete 30 hours of community service and not be allowed to live with her minor children until Child Youth and Families Division gives her permission to do so.
The following marriage licenses were recently filed at the Roosevelt County Courthouse.
Ryan Ruiz, 20, to Rebecca Mead, 19, both of Hewitt, Texas.
Jamey Mitchell, 18, to Shaina Zachry, 18, both of Portales.