• Fort Sumner (2-6) began the EPAC with serious offensive fire power, blowing out Grady 63-43 in a first round match-up. The Foxes earned themselves a second round game against No. 1 seeded Texico today at 8:15 p.m.
Berry Stinnett scored 14 points and Cass Dimitroff chipped in 13 points as Fort Sumner outscored Grady 29-10 in the fourth quarter.
Grady’s (2-8) Brian Blackburn led all scorers with 21 points including three 3-pointers. Blackburn was the only Broncho to score in double figures.
• In a tightly matched game, Melrose (1-10) was able to pull out a 41-39 victory over House (3-7), and will face No. 1-seeded Elida Wednesday at 4:45 p.m.
Clint Barnard led the Buffaloes with 14 points and Lane Draper contributed 12, as Melrose uses a strong 31-20 second half showing to win.
House’s Herson Corcio led all scorers with 15 points, and was the only Cowboy to score in double figures.
• San Jon (5-4) rode Richard Vasquez’s 19 points to a 46-44 victory over Floyd (3-6), and will face the winner of Melrose vs. Elida Friday at 6 p.m.
Floyd’s Jason Martinez led the Broncos with 15 points including 4 of 4 from the free throw line, and Jesus Davalos followed with 14 points, sinking two three-pointers.
• In the high scoring match of the day, Dora (9-3) squeaked by Logan 85-76 to advance and will play the winner of Texico vs. Fort Sumner Friday at 7:45 p.m.
Dora’s Wesley Skelley posted 21 points and Sadler Hair scored 17, to lead four Coyotes to score in double figures.
Logan’s (4-6) Austin Whetten scored the most points in a game thus far in the tournament with 24, Taylor Smith tallied 11 points, as the Longhorns nailed four three-pointers on the night.
• Dora’s Kendra Merrick scored 15 points and Iiesha Pero tallied seven as Dora (4-8) lost to Logan 41-36. Dora will square off against No 1. seed House at 6:30 p.m.
Logan’s (2-8) Tiffany Rucker led the Longhorns with 14 points and Nicole Martinez added nine points.
• Melrose (7-4) dominated San Jon (5-4) early the first quarter didn’t look back. The Lady Buffaloes defeated San Jon 47-26 and will face the winner of House vs. Elida in a semifinal game Friday at 4:15 p.m.
Melrose’s Jaimie Dickerman led all scorers with 14 points and Toni Burdine scored 10 points. But the Lady Buffaloes defense ended the game early, holding San Jon to one point in the first quarter.
The Lady Coyotes kept battling in the second and third quarters, outscoring Melrose 19-16.
• Texico (9-3) used a blistering third quarter and sharp 3-point shooting to shutdown Fort Sumner (3-4) 53-25. The Lady Wolverines will play the winner of Floyd vs. House Friday at 4:15 p.m.
Bryn Mayfield scored most of her 10 points off three 3-pointers and Katlin Luscombe also scored 10 points as Texico never trailed and pulled away after a 21-10 third quarter.