The Eastern New Mexico University Board of Regents held their monthly board meeting on Wednesday in Santa Fe.
Items from the agenda were presented to the board for informational purposes only, with no action items being presented for vote, according to ENMU President Steven Gamble.
Those items included:
• A resolution of appreciation and a medallion was presented to ENMU student regent Diego Espinoza, who has served on the board since 2005.
• Higher Education Secretary Beverlee McClure made a presentation on education. McClure spoke to the board about the policy changes and funding opportunities that will be presented in the upcoming legislative session.
• Gamble presented his 2007 legislative requests to the board:
— 1.8 million for renovation of the ENMU Music Building
— $350,000 for science equipment
— Other requests will also be made for one time money
• Performance pay was distributed to faculty and staff by ENMU vice president of academic affairs Robert Vartabedian. The amounts distributed ranged up to $1,000.
• ENMU executive director of planning and analysis Patrice Caldwell presented the board with an update on the institutional self-study for re-accreditation.
The accreditation team is due to visit Eastern in March for the 10-year re-accredidation of the institution, according to Gamble.