PNT Staff Report
The Portales City Council received no public opposition concerning matters on the agenda during its regular meeting held in council chambers Tuesday night.
• The council voted to approve the preliminary plat for Desert Oasis subdivision without curbcuts.
• Changes were approved concerning the rules and regulations of the Portales Cemetery.
• A variance request for building a carport onto a home belonging to Richard and Anna Foster was approved by the council.
• The council voted to give City Manager Debi Lee a 5 percent raise.
• An update was given to the council and audience members about the upcoming premiere of the movie “Believe in Me.”
• A petition supporting House Bill 208 was presented to the council and members of the audience by Miss Central New Mexico Ashley Sego. The bill supports making physical education a mandatory part of the curriculum for children in grades kindergarten through six.
• A resolution was passed to renew the loan agreement with the National Museum of the Air Force for the F-111.