Man in hospital after house fire

Freedom New Mexico

A Clovis man was taken to the Plains Regional Medical Center on Friday night for smoke inhalation after a fire burned through his mobile home.

Michael De Mmon, a resident in the Hicks Trailer Estates trailer park on 314 West 14 St., said he smelled smoke around 8 p.m. and ran out to see the trailer on fire. De Mmon said he saw his neighbor emerging from the trailer, which was engulfed in flames. He said he gave his neighbor shoes and a jacket and called 911.

De Mmon said his neighbor told him he was sleeping when the fire started.

Firefighters arrived at 8:17 p.m. and took the man to the hospital, according to CFD officials. The fire was contained at around 8:30 p.m., officials said.

De Mmon and fire officials at the scene said they did not know the identity of the man who lived in the mobile home.

Capt. Karen Burns of the CFD said trailer suffered major smoke and heat damage.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known.