The following is a sampling of calls placed to Portales police dispatchers over the last week. According to reports:
• A caller reported several cows on the roadway near N.M. 114, near the first curve near Dora.
• A caller reported that three juveniles had entered the old Yam Theater on South Main Street.
• A caller reported that a subject got gas and did not pay in the area of 18th Street and Avenue I.
•l A caller on North Avenue L called to report she had been receiving threatening text messages.
•l A caller reported that several dogs around a house on South Roosevelt Road 6 appeared to be starving.
• A subject called her daughter and her daughter then called the police to report that her grandmother, who has Alzheimer’s Disease, had wandered off from the area of New Mexico 467.
• A subject reported that their vehicle tires has been slashed on West First Street. An officer requested a patrol during the night hours.
• A subject reported that the tires of their vehicle were slashed on West First Street.
• A caller reported that three males were possibly attempting to get into a residence and that the subjects had tried to open the front door with a credit card on South Avenue I.
• A caller reported large pigs running loose in the street in the area of South Roosevelt Road A.
• A deputy was requested for a call on a stray pig that had been penned up in the area of South Roosevelt Road 7.
• A caller requested an officer, saying she had just returned home and her TV was missing on South Avenue D.
• A caller on West Sixth Street reported that a back window was shot out.
• A caller reported very loud music coming from a car near Fargo and Amazon.
• A caller reported loud music somewhere in the area of South Main Street.
• A caller reported his pit bull missing from the area of West Ninth Street.
• A motor vehicle theft was reported on West 17th Street.
• A caller on East Elbe Street reported her children would not get out of bed to go to school. An officer was called to the scene and took both juveniles to school.
• A caller reported a Dodge Caravan with two small children in it alone while parents or adults were inside eating at a restaurant near East Spruce Street.