Freedom New Mexico
The sometimes contentious issue of courthouse parking is set for another discussion Tuesday by Roosevelt County Commission.
Commissioners meet at 9 a.m. Tuesday in the courthouse.
The parking lot was recently remodeled, but not all landscaping has been completed.
Some business owners have asked for the Second Street side of the lot to be redesigned to restore parking spaces, since many spaces were shifted to other sides of the lot.
The agenda also includes:
• Information about requirements for holding federal prisoners in the Roosevelt County Detention Center.
• A supplemental sole community hospital care provider request from Roosevelt General Hospital Administrator James D’Agostino.
• A pickup truck bid award for the Road and Rural Addressing departments.
• Discussion of state Department of Finance and Administration approval of the budget for the 2009-2010 fiscal year.
• A letter to the U.S. Congressional delegation about good stewardship of tax money.