Plains Regional Medical Center announced a new visitation policy Friday, citing efforts to help stop the spread of flu.
Visitors must be at least 15 years old and all visitors will be limited to two per patient at any one time.
Here are some exceptions to the age requirement for visitors age 14 or under:
• Visitors of hospice patients or those at the end-of-life.
• Visitors of skilled nursing facility patients.
• Labor and delivery — fathers age 14 and under who aren’t sick can be present for delivery of their child.
• Pediatrics — parents age 14 and under who aren’t sick.
• Visitation of critically and/or terminally ill patients on other units with arrangements approved by the charge nurse or unit manager.