During Tuesday’s Portales City Council meeting councilors:
• Approved a resolution to continue membership in the Eastern Plains Council of Government through 2011 at a cost of $2,577 a year. Councilor Gary Watkins was asked to retain his role as a member and Councilor Oscar Robinson was named as an alternate.
• Approved a liquor license transfer to the Stripes at 417 West 18th St.
• Approved a resolution allowing non-exclusive use of recreational facilities to the Portales Softball Association.
• Approved a land sale and option agreements with Bruce Hammon for Prairie Walk Subdivision. The letter of intent with the Portales Community Development LLC includes the purchase of city property to be divided as the Prairie Walk Subdivision unit one with the option for additional land. The Prairie Walk Subdivision is near the Portales Golf Course. City Manager Tom Howell said they have to build on the land within three years.
• Approved a contract with Code Studio for the MainStreet Downtown Comprehensive Master Plan Completion with $9,310 budgeted from a grant and the remaining $782 is from city funds.