Recent calls to Roosevelt County dispatch, according to police records:
• Aug. 24 at 3:15 p.m. officers responded to the 100 block of N. Knoxville Street in reference to a fight. Shortly after the officer arrived, he requested an ambulance for a seizure victim. No report was taken.
• Aug. 24 at 6:06 p.m. someone reported her daughter was threatened, and it was related to a fight at Portales High School earlier that day. No report was taken.
• Aug. 25 at 1:04 a.m. officers were dispatched to Roosevelt General Hospital in reference to a battery victim. When officers arrived, the victim was being treated for a cut on his neck. The victim stated he was dancing with a woman at a fraternity party when he was struck over the head by a glass object. The victim said he didn’t know who hit him, or who he was dancing with. No arrests were made.
• Aug. 26 at 7:49 a.m. officers responded to Portales High School in reference to a fight on school grounds. The assistant principal said he was at the crosswalk when he heard a disturbance, and turned around and saw two 15-year-old girls fighting. When officers arrived, the juvenile probation officer was contacted, and both girls were taken to the police department without incident and later released to their parents. Both girls are charged with public affray, a petty misdemeanor.
• Aug. 26 at around 6 p.m. officers responded to Portales Junior High School in reference to a fight at the baseball field. The caller said a student had been jumped. When officers arrived, they interviewed two brothers, ages 12 and 14. Each received minor injuries.
• Aug. 26 at 7:45 p.m. officers responded to the 100 block of Olive Street in reference to a domestic dispute in progress. When officers arrived, they talked to a woman, who said she had a verbal argument with her boyfriend, who already left the scene. An officer found a man hiding in a bathroom shower. Police, who arrested the man on two outstanding warrants, also found a methamphetamine pipe, a marijuana pipe, and a small bag of marijuana in the man’s possession.