• Today’s focus: Ms. B
• Household members: 4
• Children: 3
• Special circumstance: Ms. B is a single mother who works full time and though she works hard to support her children, she has found it hard to provide her children with Christmas toys this year.
• Her holiday hopes: To be able to see her kids happy now with gifts in their own home.
• Clothing needs: Girls’ pants and shirts Junior extra small and shoes size women’s 7.5; Boys’ pants and shirts size 14 to 16 and shoes size men’s 5; Boys’ pants and shirts size 7 and shoes size 1.
• Toy’s list: Zhu Zhu Pets, Webkinz, Toy Story 3 DVD, a purse or oversize bag for school, art supplies, acrylic paints to paint Warhammer figurines. Any strategy game, like Risk.
• Who’s helped: Around 500 families who’ve asked the Salvation Army to help make Christmas special.
• Donations: Can be dropped off at the PNT, 101 E. First St., or mailed to P.O. Box 88, Portales, NM 88130. They can also be dropped off at the CNJ, 501 Pile St., or mailed to P.O. Box 1689, Clovis, NM 88102. Envelopes should be clearly marked “Empty Stocking Fund.” Checks must be payable to “The Salvation Army.”
Contributions will be forwarded to the Salvation Army office, 317 E. Second St., or gifts may be purchased for specific children by choosing an Angel tag off trees located at North Plains Mall and Walmart in Clovis.
If you would like to help “Ms. B,” call Jim Gallop at the Salvation Army at 762-3801.