It’s the traditional post-Thanksgiving question: What do I do with all that leftover turkey?
In an effort to help answer that, I’ve collected a few ideas from other people:
• Green chile turkey enchiladas
• Turkey and dumplings
• Turkey casserole
• Turkey gumbo
• White chili (with white beans and turkey)
• Turkey salad
• Turkey taquitos
• Sandwiches to give to somebody who needs extra help with food.
I like to divide turkey into portions big enough to make a few sandwiches or a serving or two as an entree, and freeze those portions in individual bags. That way, I don’t have to worry about the meat spoiling, and I have small amounts of turkey I can use easily.
You could defrost the turkey for:
• Quick meals. For easy sides, try bread with butter or jelly, a piece of fresh fruit, salad, defrosted and seasoned frozen vegetables or some combination thereof.
• A substitute for pre-cooked chicken in just about any recipe.
To give credit where credit is due, these people contributed turkey-use ideas: Sean Shepherd, Dee Teal, Betty Williamson, Jodie Owen, Seth Price, Dianna Hernandez, Ashley Duncan, Jackie Schlotfeldt and Tom Zumbro.