z Today’s Focus: Mrs. S
• Household members: 4
• Children: 1
• Special circumstance: She is not working at the present time but is looking for a job and unemployment ran out two weeks ago.
• Her holiday hope: To have a good Christmas.
• Clothing needs: Pants and shirt size 14/16 girls.
• Toys list: Doll, doll things, craft supplies for a 6 year old and learning toys.
• Who’s helped: Around 500 families who’ve asked the Salvation Army to help make Christmas special.
• Donations: Can be dropped off at the PNT, 101 E. 1st St., or mailed to P.O. Box 88, Portales, NM 88130. They can also be dropped off at the CNJ, 501 Pile St., or mailed to P.O. Box 1689, Clovis, NM 88102. Envelopes should be clearly marked “Empty Stocking Fund.” Checks must be payable to “The Salvation Army.”
Contributions will be forwarded to the Salvation Army office, 317 E. Second St., or gifts may be purchased for specific children by choosing an Angel tag off trees located at North Plains Mall and Wal-Mart in Clovis.
If you would like to help “Mrs. S.,” call Jim Gallop at the Salvation Army at 762-3801.