This is a report from the Eastern New Mexico University Board of Regents meeting Wednesday afternoon in Santa Fe.
According to ENMU President Steven Gamble, the board:
• heard Gamble explain his goals for the university in the upcoming year.
These included strengthening the emphasis on academics, supporting the branch campuses in Roswell and Ruidoso, pursuing external funding and updating facilities and infrastructure.
• elected Chad Lydick as president and Randy Harris as vice president of the board.
• gave outgoing Student Regent Robert Wachter a resolution and medallion of appreciation.
• updated policy on procedure in case a student is reported missing.
• approved late applicants for fall graduation.
• approved two minor fee increases for the Roswell campus.
• learned the university will establish new places for people in wheelchairs to watch games at Greyhound Arena and Greyhound Stadium. Gamble said the facilities already have such areas, but the new ones will be more comfortable and have better views.
• approved the demolition of three unoccupied residence halls and the construction of one new dorm.