Scuba diving classes offered
Eastern New Mexico University is offering a scuba diving class this spring.
The open water part of the class will meet at Santa Rosa’s Blue Hole, a nationally ranked dive. Instructor Mike Hale of Scuba Ventures in Liberal, Kan., is to teach the classroom and pool portions of the class on the ENMU campus.
Student teacher application meetings set
Eastern New Mexico University has scheduled the dates for the next mandatory student teacher application meetings. All students who plan to student teach during the fall 2011 semester must attend one pre-application meeting to receive the required information concerning application procedures.
• Noon to 1 p.m. and 3-4 p.m. Feb. 22 in the Campus Union Building Pecos Room
• 6-7:30 p.m. Feb. 23 in the CUB Pecos Room
• 6-7:30 p.m. Feb. 24 in the Campus Union Building Multi-purpose Room 110
The student teacher application deadline is March 18.
Information: call the Teacher Education Office at 562-2895.
Red Green tour to stop by ENMU
Red Green’s “Wit and Wisdom Tour” is scheduled to be in Portales at 7 p.m. April 23 at the ENMU Theatre Center.
Tickets are $25 each or $200 for two VIP Tickets that include the best seats in the house and a VIP Private Reception after the show. VIP Tickets are limited.
Tickets: order at www.kenw.org or call 562-2112.
Film series on Thursday
The Human Rights Film Series is showing “Not Just a Game” about the cultural, economic and political impact of sports in U.S. culture at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the College of Education Room 120. Admission is free.
Student performace scheduled
Eastern New Mexico University is set to host the production of “Rabbit Hole” at 7 p.m. on Feb. 10-12 and at 2 p.m. on Feb. 13 on the Mainstage of the University Theatre Center.
Rabbit Hole is about a family coping with the sudden loss of their teenage son to a car accident. The play has won a Pulitzer Prize and a Tony award.
Ticket prices are $7 for adults, $6 for senior citizens, $5 for high school students and younger youth and $4 for ENMU students with ID.
Balck Hisoty month continues at ENMU
Black History Month at ENMU is continuing with:
• A Black History Month window display is opening Friday and continuing for the rest of the month in Golden Library’s Special Collections to honor the African-American culture.
• “Rod’s Fitness Lounge” at 2 p.m. Monday in the CUB Pecos Room. Health Group Director Rodrick Chambers is to demonstrate the correct techniques of stretching and exercising as well as healthy habits.
• Stop the Hunger Cake Walk Fundraiser at noon Tuesday in the cafeteria. The cake walk raises money to buy food for the Lighthouse Mission.