At the Roosevelt County Commission meeting Tuesday in the county courthouse, commissioners:
• Approved proceeding with roof repairs at Roosevelt County Detention Center after discussing the roof leak investigation and roof survey.
• Approved a loan agreement for $1.6 million between Roosevelt County and New Mexico Finance Authority. The loan is for the reconstruction of the special events arena, which has been moved from Colorado.
• Approved the 2011 annual certified county maintained mileage.
• Approved support of Roosevelt County Wind Ranch.
• Approved mid-year budget adjustments. The adjustments included a $10,000 increase in the sheriff’s utilities and a $50,000 increase for the care of juvenile prisoners.
• Approved an agreement for inmate confinement between Roosevelt County and Chaves County. This agreement allows Roosevelt County to house inmates in Chaves County detention facilities.• Approved the Roosevelt County Fairgrounds user agreements and fee schedule.
County Manager Charlene Hardin said the agreement allows the fairground facilities to be more user-friendly while making the county less open to liability.
There will be a fee of $4 to $12 an hour for using the fairground facilities.
• Heard a presentation from Roosevelt County Detention Center Administrator David Casanova on the application for the jail to become accredited with the New Mexico Local Government Accreditation Program.
Casanova said Curry and Chavez counties have been approved for accreditation. He also said the Professional Adult Detention Standards Council has been formed to review detention center policies and decisions.
At the commissioners’ request, county staff members are to do a cost analysis of meeting the criteria for accreditation.
• Went into an executive session to discuss litigation.