If we had only a few weeks or months to live, what changes would we make? Would each day of life become more precious? Would the sky be bluer? Would we suddenly become aware of little things that mean so much? Would we speak to others kind words of appreciation that often have been left unsaid?
We do get caught up in the cares of this life. “And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful” (Mark 4:19 (KJV). Trials do come, and patience runs thin. Please don’t lose sight of the fact that time to love is short at best.
People postpone happiness until this or that happens … or say, “if only this would happen, then I would be happy.” If we are not happy now, will we be happy then?
Jesus tells us in 1 Thessalonians 3:8 to live in the “now” of our lives. “For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord” (KJV).
Yesterday is gone, and tomorrow may not be, so it is imperative to live and love now. Let’s come to the realization that we should live today and live it to the fullest.
May we have time to enjoy family, friends, the great outdoors and gratitude to be alive. Let’s celebrate this gift of life each moment.
I saw a lady walking down the street. She stopped and looked at dancing shoes.
I couldn’t keep from smiling because she turned and “two stepped” down the sidewalk. I liked the way she celebrated life.
Children have a wonderful way of celebrating life. They take the moment and completely abandon themselves in life. They make life “delicious” indeed.
God has many promises that help us to live now. Here are just a few:
• “I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears” (Psalm 34:4 NIV).
• “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1 NIV).
• “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you” (1 Peter 5:7 NIV).
• “I can do everything through him who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13 NIV).
• “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world” (1 John 4:4 NIV).
• “The Lord is good, a refuge in time of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him” (Nahum 1:7 NIV).
• “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9 NIV).
This present moment … right now … is all that we have to really live. If we were told we had only a short time to live, I’m sure we would start living … really living today.
Make today count. It is precious time.
“Thank you, Lord, for each new day, the sunshine and the rain.
For all your ways are good and blessed be your name.
Keep us in your loving care and guide our every thought.
May we focus on gratitude for blessings you have brought.”