At an Eastern New Mexico University Board of Regents meeting Wednesday in Santa Fe, board members:
- Elected Randy Harris as president of the board; Brett Leach as vice president; and Santana Chavez as secretary/treasurer.
- Heard a report from Steven Gamble on his goals for 2012 and a report on the cost-saving initiatives under way at the university.
- Gamble said his goals included strengthening the financial conditions of the ENMU system and modernizing and updating campus facilities.
- He said some cost saving initiatives are renewed emphasis on utility savings and developing cross training between functional areas (departments which have similar functions).
- Jamie Laurenz presented a report on several minor changes in the administrative structure of academic affairs.
- Approved a $5 per semester credit hour fee for all online courses, necessitated by the ending of the state’s payment for an online learning management system.