Students celebrate Homecoming
Homecoming 2012 was held Jan. 14. Senior sponsor Derinda Carter and the class of 2012 chose the theme, “A Walk on the Wild Side.” Elementary and high school student teams competed all week in various spirit contests to win a pizza party. The overall winners were Audrey Powell’s sixth-graders and Derinda Carter’s seniors.
Homecoming ceremonies were held in the Luscombe Gymnasium after basketball games against Eunice. The attendants this year were:
• Grade 9 — Serena Warmuth and Christian Gruis;
• Grade 10 – Katie Bickley and Adam Itzi;
• Grade 11 – Jake Tayler and Makayla Stroup;
• Candle lighters — Jaecy Banther, Brittany Kanmore, Brayan Ledezma and Shania Ramirez;
• Crown bearer was Gunnar Tipton; and Keyring bearer was Iris DeSantiago.
The ceremonies culminated in the announcement of this year’s Mr. and Miss DHS, seniors Logan Bilbrey and Layni Breshears.