The Portales City Council met Tuesday and took the following action:
- Mayor Sharon King proclaimed April 14 as Great American Clean Up Day.
- Approved a resolution authorizing the mayor to sign the application for New Mexico state fire marshal's office fiscal year 2013 Municipal Fire Protection Fund Distribution.
The minimal amount projected on the fiscal year 2013 application is a little over $154,000.
- Approved a resolution authorizing the mayor's signature on a grant proposal with the state of New Mexico Department of Finance and Administration Local Government Division for Juvenile Adjudication funds.
The application is for $14,500 to fill gaps not covered in the DWI grant program.
- Awarded bid to a truck center in Albuquerque for purchase of a new brush truck to replace an older truck in the city's Sanitation Department.
The cost is $124,000 and is a budgeted expense.
- Awarded bid in the amount of $381,476 to K. Barnett and Sons, Inc. for installation of street, drainage channelization and infrastructure improvements.
- Renewed annual recreational facilities non-exclusive use agreements.
The recreational advisory board heard the request to renew annual recreational facilities non-exclusive use agreements with the organizations: AYSO of Clovis/Portales, Roosevelt County Little League, and Portales Softball Association.
- Waived tipping fees at the Convenience Center during Eastern in Action Day on April 21.
- Discussed putting up road signage in the city for motorcycle and bike safety and awareness.