L.J. Jenkins of Texico, the 2006 PBR World Finals champion, is bringing bullriding back to his stomping grounds.
The two-day event is coming to the Curry County Events Center today and Saturday.
This event will kick off the 2013 PBR Pro-Division touring year.
The Invitational features 35 bull riders each night competing against the rankest bulls, including Wolf Creek Cattle Company's Bad Blake and Backbender.
"I'm really excited about it, it's something that this town hasn't seen in quite awhile," said L.J. Jenkins, who finished third in the 2012 PBR Built Ford Tough Series world standings and has won $188,102 during the 2012 touring year.
"It's going to be a lot of fun, we've got a lot of big names coming," said Coli Hunt, owner of Joe's Boot Shop.
• What: L.J. Jenkins Invitational
• When: 7 p.m. today and Saturday
• Where: Curry County Events Center
• Tickets: $13, and can be purchased at Joe's Boot Shop or the night of the event at the gate. Kids 12 and under get in free with paying adult.
• Autograph session: Bullriders L.J. Jenkins, J.B. Mauney, Ben Jones among others will be at Joe's Boot Shop from 2 p.m.-4 p.m. today and 10 a.m.-noon and 2 p.m.-4 p.m. Saturday to sign autographs.