The Roosevelt County Livestock Judging Team was named state champions for the second year in a row at the 90th Annual State 4-H Conference held earlier this month at New Mexico State University in Las Cruces, according to a 4-H press release.
The following awards were also given out to students from Roosevelt County:
- Koby Cone was named High Point Individual and Kaly Cone placed third.
- Lindsey Lee was second high individual in the Favorite Foods Contest.
- The Livestock Skill-A-Thon team was second with Koby Cone placing First High Individual. Team members were Koby Cone, Kaly Cone, Kenzee Criswell, and Kynzi Creighton.
- The Home Ec Skill-A-Thon team of Kynzi Creighton, Jasi Roberts, and Lindsey Lee won fourth with Roberts placing Fifth High Individual.
- Two Roosevelt County 4-H members were elected to a State 4-H Office. Lane Wallace, son of Jeff and Konni Wallace of Floyd, was elected president. Koby Cone, son of Mike and Karen Cone of Portales, was elected to the position of treasurer. Both will travel extensively throughout the next year providing workshops and programs for 4-H members and assisting the state 4-H Office with activities.
— Staff report