The Roosevelt County Commission took the following action during Tuesday’s meeting in the Commission Room at the Roosevelt County Courthouse:
- Approved the minutes from July 11 coordination meeting regarding the proposed listing of the Lesser Prairie Chicken.
- Approved the minutes from the Aug. 6 regular meeting.
- Approved the minutes from the Aug. 13 special meeting.
- Approved payable and payroll from Aug. 6-20.
- Detention Center Administrator David Casanova reported the jail had 117 inmates, including 98 males and 19 females. Thirty inmates are from Eddy County and seven inmates are from Curry County. Two juveniles are being housed in Curry County.
- Accepted donation of antique restored peanut digger for display at the Roosevelt County Fairgrounds.
- Ratified the county manager’s signature on assignment and consent to transfer the lease of the Bonem Home from TeamBuilders Counseling Services to Turquoise Health and Wellness, Inc. Turquoise is a transitional agency taking over TeamBuilders, and will operate the home on a month to month lease until the end of 2013.
- Approved agreement between Roosevelt County and S Resource Inc. for review of select position classifications, salary data analysis for classified positions, and make appropriate classification and pay plan recommendations for Roosevelt County. This agreement is for $7,300.
- Approved resolution 2013-25 authorizing budgetary adjustments and revisions. (County manager didn’t roll over remaining $58,900 in capital outlay funds to new budget.)
- The board agreed to intervene in the lawsuit of Defenders of Wildlife et al, vs. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services. Roosevelt County will join the side of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services as opposers of putting the dune sagebrush lizard on the endangered species list.
— Compiled by PNT staff writer Eric Norwood Jr.