Dora (0-1) at Reserve (0-0)
• When: noon today
• Last year: The Coyotes routed Reserve 70-6 at Dora.
• Last week: Dora dropped a 60-26 decision to Hondo in a rematch of last year’s 6-man state final, won by the Eagles.
• Of note: Coyotes coach Mason McBee said his team was within 30-26 and driving for a possible go-ahead score in last week’s game against Hondo, then lost junior quarterback Eddie Arzate and senior running back Jestin Watson to injury, adding that a Hondo player was ejected for the hit on Watson. Both are expected back for today’s game, while two others will miss at least this game with ankle injuries. … McBee said he knows little about Reserve. “I know they run both tight and spread (formations),” he said.
Vaughn (1-0) at Floyd (0-0)
• When: 6:30 p.m. (CDT) today
• Last year: The teams didn’t play each other.
• Last week: Vaughn defeated San Jon, while the Broncos were idle.
• Of note: The Broncos, who were scheduled to play 8-man but didn’t have enough, plan to dress seven players for today’s venture into 6-man. “We’re going to have to rely on our three seniors (W.T. Whitecotton, Colby Rogers and Terral Watson),” coach Steve Foust said. … Foust thinks his team will have a chance to be competitive, despite the fact it’s hard to practice. “We’re not getting that 6-on-6 look,” he said. “A lot of our kids have never seen a 6-man game, so it’ll be interesting.”
— Compiled by Dave Wagner