Fall homecoming spirit week
On Saturday, Dora Homecoming ceremonies will follow the 3 p.m. home football game against Roy. Dora students are encouraged to exhibit their school spirit all week with daily dress-up themes to tie in with the overall homecoming theme, “TIME TO WIN!”
Here are the categories for each day:
- Monday — Dress as an old-time movie star or cartoon character;
- Tuesday — “Decades”: Dress in the style of your favorite decade (50s, 60s, 70s, 80s or 90s);
- Wednesday — “B. C. Day” — Dress as cavemen, cavewomen, Greeks or Romans, but wear shorts and/or a tee shirt underneath if needed to be dress code compliant;
- Thursday – “Remember the Coyotes”: Wear red and white.
There will also be other spirit activities from 12:20 p.m.-12:51 p.m. on the days shown:
- Monday — Volleyball game (school staff plays the volleyball and football players);
- Wednesday — “Flintstones Games” at the football field;
- Thursday — Pep rally in the Guy Luscombe Gymnasium, conducted by the cheerleaders.
- Tuesday — Junior high, junior varsity, and varsity volleyball teams play at Elida, 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday — Junior high, junior varsity, and varsity volleyball teams play at San Jon, 4:30 p.m. Dora junior high football hosts Clovis Christian at 5 p.m.
- Saturday — Dora Varsity football hosts Roy at 3 p.m. Dora junior high volleyball hosts Clovis freshman at 10:30 a.m.