Texico 47, Fort Sumner 25
• Records: Fort Sumner 3-3, Texico 3-3
• Difference: Senior RB Kendall Naceanceno scored on two short runs to stake the Wolverines to a 14-0 lead at the quarter, and the Foxes were never able to catch up.
• Difference-makers: Fort Sumner, senior RB Michael Giannini rushed 31 times for 242 yards and two touchdowns, including a 56-yard jaunt in the second quarter. Texico, junior QB Justin Rucker carried seven times for 113 yards, including a 52-yard TD run in the second stanza. Senior Adrian Gomez opened the second half with an 80-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, while senior John Myers had a 30-yard fumble return for a score with 10 minutes left — Texico’s second score of the period — to all but put it out of reach.
• Of note: The Wolverines, who have won three in a row after an 0-3 start, host top-ranked Santa Rosa next week to start District 2-2A action. … The teams were separated by just seven yards in total offense (338-331 in favor of Texico). The Foxes committed the game’s only two turnovers. … Fort Sumner, ranked fifth in Class 1A, plays at 1A No. 2 Escalante next week.
San Jon 26, Floyd 19
Records: Floyd 0-4, San Jon 4-2
• Difference: The host Coyotes built a 20-6 lead through three quarters and held off a late Broncos rally.
• Difference-makers: W.T. Whitecotton threw a 15-yard touchdown pass to Colby Rogers and also ran nine yards for a score in the final quarter for the Broncos. Floyd’s first touchdown came on a 26-yard run by Edgardo Chavez, giving the Broncos a 6-0 lead at the quarter.
— CMI staff