The following took place at Tuesday’s Roosevelt County Commissioner’s Meeting.
• Commissioners approved a proclamation recognizing Nov. 25 as Adoption Day.
• Sheriff Darren Hooker reported spending $1,600 on Individual Patrol Officer Kits, which is essentially a hemorrhage control kit.
• Roosevelt County Detention Center Administrator David Casanova reported 103 inmates being housed in the jail, including 21 female inmates; seven from Curry County and 14 from Eddy County.
• Approved a letter to BNSF Railways to request the repair of four railroad crossings.
They are located at Avenue I, Boston, Lime and N.M. 467. The commission stated that the crossings are in such rough and deteriorated condition that repairs are warranted in the near future.
• Approved a project to provide additional security to the Roosevelt County Detention Center. The project will put razor wire on the roof of the Detention Center, and will cost roughly $57,000. The detention center is paying for the costs using funds from the housing of inmates from other counties, for which they receive $65 per inmate, per day.
— Compiled by PNT staff writer Eric Norwood Jr.