The following took place at the Roosevelt County Commissioner’s Meeting:
• Five county employees were presented with Service Awards. Leroy Manzanares, Mark Morrison, and DeAun Searl all were recognized for five years of service. Vicki Aguilar and Janet Collins are both retiring after 27 and 21 years respectively.
• Deputy Sheriff Malin Parker introduced the newest sheriff’s deputy, James Beatty. Beatty just completed his training at the academy.
• Roosevelt County Detention Center Administrator David Casanova reported 101 inmates in RCDC, 18 of which are female, and they are housing 17 inmates from Eddy County and seven inmates from Curry County. They have four juveniles, two in Curry County and two in Quay County.
• Approved an application from Ollie Oviedo to disrupt county roadbed near South Roosevelt Road 8. Oviedo is installing a waterline near his property.
• Approved the dates of the 2014 Roosevelt County Commission meetings, and approved 2014 Roosevelt County holidays. The board added Dec. 26 — a Friday — to the holidays.
• Approved three road viewers to review proposed closure of two miles north of North Roosevelt Road AU and west one mile of North Roosevelt Road 14. The road viewers are Jeff Essary, Thomas McAllister, Mike Standifer, with Adam Burns serving as an alternate. At the Dec. 3 commission meeting, Forrest Brockman requested closure of these roads.
• Approved the Roosevelt County Road Department construction design for South Roosevelt Road 4, South Roosevelt Road 13, and South Roosevelt Road P. The design are designated for the LGRF funds including CAPS, COOP, and School Bus.
• Approved RBC Capital Markets to be the financial advisor for the Magistrate Court Project.
• Renewed joint powers agreement between Quay County and Roosevelt County in which Quay County will house adult and juvenile inmates in the Quay County Detention Center who are from Roosevelt County. Each inmate will cost the county $125 a day.
• Approved a resolution supporting the potential placement of a Veteran’s Cemetery in or near Clovis.
— Compiled by PNT staff writer Eric Norwood Jr.