Roosevelt County Commission
The following took place at Tuesday’s Roosevelt County Commission meeting:
• Approval of a 2-mile closure of North Roosevelt Road. North Roosevelt Road 14 will continue to be open to the public for access for neighbors and Franklin Road will remain open to allow access to state lands.
A Roosevelt County road viewers committee recommended the closure.
Forrest Brockman requested closure of these roads.
• Roosevelt County Detention Center Administrator David Casanova reported 128 inmates in RCDC, including 10 from Chaves, five from Curry and 32 from Quay counties.
• Mandi Park, indigent health care administrator, presented her quarterly report with 34 claims, 16 ready for approval, 17 pending approval from the hospital and one in appeal process totaling $51,732. The report was approved by the commission.
• Park also presented an indigent cremation request, which the commission denied as the deceased’s estate is able cover the cost of the cremation.
• Approval of Portales resident Judy Grogan’s request of subdivision plat on N.M. 236. The application was for two parcels, one is for .907 acres and the other is 1.046 acres.
• Approval to add Layle Sanchez, county services specialist in the county treasurer’s office, to the Roosevelt County checking account for signature purposes.
— compiled by PNT staff writer Lillian Bowe