By D’Nieka Hartsfield
Mother’s Day is next Sunday, and what better way to celebrate the fashion-conscious mom than to dazzle her up with some quirky finds?
Here are just a few potential gifts I thought up for you to get those ideas of your own flowing.
But you better hurry up; you only have a week!
• Scarves. Infinity or traditional scarves are still a fashion yes for any season. You may want to select light and airy fabrics for this time of year.
• Bracelets. The wrists are getting a lot of love this season. You are seeing everything from friendship bracelets come back into style to layering charm bracelets and woven pieces. Personalize one for your mom if you have enough time to get creative or find something in Mom’s very color.
• Candles. You can’t wear a candle, but there’s nothing like relaxing at home while every inhalation is that of a great scent. Fresh beach or sweet fragrances are what I like best.
• Rain boots. ’Tis the season for rainy days and this gift will be a great surprise. Make sure to look for a pair that stand out (if your mom dares) like a great printed colorful pair. Mom will keep her socks dry and look really great doing it!
• Umbrella. Yes, we’re still on the rainy days subject. No one really thinks of an umbrella as a gift for Mother’s Day, really, unless it makes a statement with big floral or leopard print. Now, you can say you saved Mom’s hair from being a wet mess and you did it in style.
D’Nieka Hartsfield writes for the Clovis News Journal and Portales News-Tribune. You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or find her on Facebook.