Board of Regents
The following took place Friday morning at Eastern New Mexico University’s Board of Regents meeting:
• ENMU Vice president of Academic Affairs Jamie Laurenz proposed reducing the hours requirement to obtain a degree from 128 to 120.
Laurenz said the topic can be discussed over the course of two meetings and that the change would be one made for student success.
The proposed change would also require them to review curriculum requirements and prerequisites for degrees and ensuring students understand their degree path.
• The board approved three retired professors to emerita status:
• Marry Drabbs, a former chair of the Health and Education Department.
• Sue Strickler, a political science professor.
• Thomas Toglia, a professor of professional technical education.
• The board approved six promotion and tenure decisions.
• The board approved the 2014 graduation lists for ENMU and ENMU Roswell.
— Compiled by senior writer Christina Calloway