At the Roosevelt County Commission meeting Tuesday in the Commission Room at the county courthouse, commissioners:
• Approved a resolution for budget adjustments.
Budget adjustments included increasing funds for the Milnesand Fire Department to $30,531 to cover repair costs for fire trucks and increasing funds for Roosevelt County Detention Center to $28,181 to cover the cost of emergency replacement of the DVR recording system at the center.
• Approved a resolution supporting 2012 New Mexico Association of Counties Legislative priorities.
• Approved an interlocal contract for cooperative purchasing between Houston-Galveston Area Council and Roosevelt County for the purpose of purchasing products and services.
• Heard reports from elected officials/department heads.
Roosevelt County Chief Deputy Sheriff Malin Parker said there were recently three arrests made for copper wire thefts and five horse saddles have been stolen in the last two weeks.
Commissioner Bill Cathey took suggestions from the public for the naming of the new event arena at the fairgrounds. One group suggested the Bataan Veterans Memorial Center.
• Went into executive session.
• No further action was taken.
— Compiled by PNT staff writer Alisa Boswell