The following items will be on the agenda for the Portales City Council meeting at 7 p.m. today in the Council Chambers in city hall:
• Presentations of 25-year service awards.
• Ratification of finance department’s actions regarding bills for October 2011.
• Police salaries proposal.
• Permission to negotiate a contract for Portales Blackwater land rental or lease.
• Resolution adopting new water rate schedule.
• Resolution calling for a regular municipal election for election of municipal officers to be held March 6, 2012.
• Other business/citizens to be heard.
• Possible executive session.
— Compiled by PNT staff writer Alisa Boswell