At the Portales City Council meeting Tuesday at Portales City Hall, councilors:
• Declared Oct. 9-15 Fire Prevention Week.
• Approved a notice of intent to adopt an ordinance amending certain portions of the Portales City Code as it pertains to the types of qualifying entities and economic activities.
• Approved the Preliminary Plat for the North Pointe Subdivision.
• Approved supporting the repeal of the Greenhouse Gas Cap-and-Trade Provisions.
• Approved authorizing the mayor to execute an memorandum of Agreement between the New Mexico Department of Transportation and the City of Portales for Portales Area Transit System.
• Heard other items of business.
Councilors said the Portales Cannon Appreciation Day was a big success and thanked city officials for holding the Tas No Mas event.
Councilors discussed the possibility of putting a stoplight at the intersection of South Avenue D and 18th Street.
— Compiled by PNT staff writer Alisa Boswell