Dorothy Humphreys Franklin is celebrating her 90th birthday.
Dorothy was born April 24, 1920, near Wingate, Texas, and came to Clovis with her husband, Loyd, in 1942 to operate the Sunshine Theater at 420 Main.
The couple was blessed with three children: George, Kerry and Paula.
The Franklins built and operated several drive-in theaters — La Fonda, Comet and Yucca — until 1979.
Dorothy and Sue Crow opened Clovis’ first ceramic shop in 1948.
In the 1960s she took up painting. She has been represented in many art shows and has become well-known for her skills.
Dorothy and Loyd were active in community affairs.
She served as chairman of the Polio Mothers March of Dimes and also Co-Chairman of the United Fund.
She is currently active in the 21st Street of Christ. For pleasure she is an avid bridge player.
The reception will be between 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday at the West 21st Church of Christ.
Relatives and friends are invited.