Recent calls received by Portales dispatch March 25 through Tuesday, according to call logs:
• At 10 a.m., a caller in the 500 block of West University Drive reported to police that her 1990 GEO had been stolen the night before.
• At 6:34 p.m., a caller at Fifth Street and Avenue E reported a small female child with blonde hair, dressed in pink, was walking with no adults in sight.
• At 8:03 p.m., a caller in the 1300 block of North Fargo Ave. requested an officer when he saw a neighbor beating his dog with a rubber hose.
• At 7:41 a.m., a motor vehicle accident was reported on Avenue O and U.S. Highway 70, wires were reported down.
• At 10:29 a.m., a burglary was reported in the 200 block of North Chicago Avenue. Officers found a window broken out.
• At 11:57 a.m. officers were called to the 100 block Oklahoma Drive to investigate a reported larceny. A large piece of yard art was missing and a cell phone was discovered in the yard.
• At 11:19 a.m., police received a report of a battery which occurred in the 4200 block of U.S. Highway 70. The first call received was a hang-up.
• At 8:24 a.m. A caller reported a two-vehicle accident in the area of Second Street and Avenue J.
• At 10 a.m. dispatch received a call from a Texas man stating that his daughter is missing. The man said he would be in Portales this week.
• At 10:35 p.m. shots fired in the 900 block of East Amazon Street were reported to officers.
• At 11:50 a.m. a structural fire was reported in the 2000 block of S. Roosevelt Road 6.
• At noon dispatch received a report of a head-on collision on N.M. 88 at Mile Marker 13, near Arch.
• At 5:30 p.m. a woman requested that her neighbor's wolf be picked up on West 17th Street.
• At 7:15 p.m. It was reported that guys were shooting guns in the area of NM 202 and S. Roosevelt Road A. Dispatch said that a deputy would do a close patrol.
• At 4 p.m. officers were called to the 400 block of West Fir Street after a report from a woman saying her sister was involved in domestic violence.
• At 9:27 p.m. a caller reported an accident in which a motor vehicle struck a motorcycle. Dispatch sent an ambulance and police units to the scene.