The Portales Tribune reported that because of the protests of a group of children, a new playground at City Park would be built in a different spot than originally planned. The original site for the playground was to be on the grave of a buried "little black dog," which a park keeper had found the winter before. Over the spring and summer, the children had visited the grave regularly and "fell in love" with a dog they had never met.
Oct. 19, 1950
Published: Sunday, October 19th, 2008
Click Here To See More Stories Like This