Stay-at-home mother Anna Mitchell shared a laugh with her friend Sarah Pattison as they watched Mitchell’s children climb and hang off of the jungle gym like monkeys.
Mitchell and Pattison, both from Portales, took the opportunity to have a play date Wednesday at Rotary Park before they had to prepare for Thanksgiving festivities.
“I’m very thankful for this beautiful weather so I can run these kids out of energy,” Mitchell said.
Pattison, a mother and student, said she’s thankful for friends to have play dates with and an abundance of family.
“I expect just lots of family all over the place,” Pattison said about this Thanksgiving.
Mitchell and Pattison said they’re also thankful for their friendship and here’s what other Portales residents said they were thankful for:
- “I’m thankful for my family and friends because God couldn’t have given me a better family and a better group of friends.”
Yvette Tarango, sales clerk
- “I’m thankful that I’m living good and that I have a job. I’m also thankful for my health and family.”
Otoniel Acosta, peanut roaster
- “I’m thankful for my health. I like to exercise and play cards to keep me health. I also appreciate the freedom we have to do what we want.”
Mickey Zachary, retired citizen
- “I’m thankful for my having a job that I love because I’m a people person. I just moved here in January from Idaho so I’m thankful for my house and my kids.”
Tina Starkey, dispatcher
- “I’m so very thankful for my two grandsons Roper, 5, and Brentlee, 3-months-old. They’re both healthy and happy boys and I’m grateful that I get to see them anytime I want. I’m also thankful I have a job, a home and good health.”
Sally Good, Portales Area Transit driver
- “I’m thankful for my mother, my son and my brothers. I’m just so fortunate to have them with me because we lost my dad to cancer two years ago and it’s been rough.”
Lee Hill, phlebotomist