Fire damages attic

PNT staff A fire caused minimal damage to the attic of an unoccupied house Tuesday, according to Portales Fire Department Battalion Chief Lance Hill. Hill said no one was injured. Traffic was blocked for less than an hour around the 700 block of Second Street. Hill said people working on the house noticed smoke and […]

Two treated for smoke inhalation in house fire

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation Tuesday during an early morning house fire. Paramedics administered oxygen to the homeowner and a Portales police officer as treatment. The Portales Fire Department got the call at 4:22 a.m. to a home at 1312 S. Abilene Street. The fire started in the bathroom near the ceiling heater […]

No injuries reported in house fire

Freedom New Mexico The Clovis Fire Department responded to a house fire on Cameo Street around 5 p.m. Friday. Battalion Chief Tim Peterson believes the fire began in the attic. He believes sparks from the fireplace caused the fire. The fire department ventilated the attic through the roof to contain the fire in the attic, […]

Fire destroys vacant house

PNT Staff An explosion woke residents along the New Mexico 267 highway in the early hours on Tuesday as a fire demolished a vacant house along the highway Sue Durham, neighbor of the C. L. Wilhoit residence, called 911 and said she heard an explosion at 4:30 a.m. and saw the fire from the bathroom. […]