Jan. 18, 1967

According to the Portales News-Tribune, Fire Chief Newman Carter blamed an over-heated heating stove flue for a $2,000 fire that burned the roof off of one unit of the Miller Apartments at 712 East Braos at about 2:30 p.m. Tuesday afternoon.

Local schools address swine flue concerns

kr4f4e-107cmsflumeet.jpg

By Eric Butler: Freedom New Mexico It’s flu season and the recent death of a Roosevelt County infant has raised concerns in Portales. But school and emergency management officials said Tuesday the number of students calling in sick from flu-like symptoms is about the usual experienced this time of year. Still, the amount of absences […]