By Sheryl Borden: Creative Living
The City of Clovis is preparing to abate the Hotel Clovis to remove asbestos, pigeon guano and lead based paint.
PNT Staff Report Local members of the Phi Chapter of the Delta Kappa Gamma Society International, a teacher organization, is preparing for the Theta State president’s visit at 5:15 p.m. Monday at the Portales High School. Theta State President Nadyne Gartman visits each chapter during her two-year term. Her visit will include information about scholarships, […]
Information on preparing stuffings year ‘round, making elegant desserts and doing a variegated striping on walls will be the featured topics on “Creative Living” at noon Tuesday and at 2 p.m. Saturday. Cookbook author and chef Marcie Rothman says “stuffings” are not just for the holiday season. She’ll demonstrate several recipes that will be big […]
By Sheryl Borden: PNT Columnist Information on cooking with peanut butter and preparing wild game will be the featured topics on “Creative Living” noon Tuesday and 2 p.m. Saturday. (All times Mountain) Gayle Stephenson, spokesperson for the Texas Peanut Producers Board in Lubbock, explains that peanut butter has lots more uses than just the famous […]
Sheryl Borden Information on cooking with cherries and preparing seafood will be the featured topics on “Creative Living” noon Tuesday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday. Registered dietitian Pat Baird will talk about how we can enjoy sweet cherries all year long. Thanks to the availability of canned and frozen sweet cherries, we can add them to […]
By Sheryl Borden: PNT Columnist Information on preparing side dishes with pecans and helping children develop their self-esteem will be the featured topics on “Creative Living” at noon on Tuesday and at 2 p.m. on Saturday. Ann Cox, food specialist with the Western Pecan Growers Assn. in College Station, Texas., says that vegetables, side dishes […]
By Thomas Garcia: PNT Staff Reporter Area fire departments are preparing for what they consider the height of fire season. High winds and low precipitation are the culprits that fire officials say are contributing to the high fire danger in Roosevelt and Curry counties. “The elements for a bad wildfire are present for the surrounding […]
• Portales residents, Mr. and Mrs. Jesse Johns were preparing to travel to Seoul, Korea where Mr. Johns will be an advisor to Korean manufacturing firms under the auspices of International Executive Services Corps. The couple had served as Vista workers for the past year. • During a meeting of the Roosevelt County Soil and Water […]
• Lester L. Vinson, former pastor of the First Baptist Church of Elida was called to serve as interim pastor of Iglesia Bautista Bethel church, located on North Indio. • The Faith Temple Lady Conquerors were preparing to host an eight team volleyball match at the Baptist Children’s Home. • Southwest Books and More was getting set […]
• Superman II and Loving Couple were showing at the Varsity Drive In Theatre. • Portales resident Patricia Thatcher was preparing to attend the Federal Forum in Washington D.C. The program afforded attendees the opportunity to question many of the nations politicians and attend seminars and workshops. • Britt’s 4 Table Steak House offered a […]
• Portales received .14 of an inch of rain during a nighttime storm. • Ten girls from the Floyd and Bethel Baptist Churches were preparing to leave to attend Inlow Baptist Youth Camp, near Albuquerque. • Poyner’s White Stores, Inc. advertised an Air Conditioner Service Special for $7.88.
• Members of the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity at Eastern New Mexico University were preparing for the “Pikes Push for Charity”. The 30 members were set to push a wheelchair from Portales to Canyon, Texas then on to Lubbock, Texas in an effort to raise money for charity. • Mrs. Bob Wilson, of Dora and […]